MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

Aria Player & Aria Engine

Music and technology related discussion

Aria Player & Aria Engine

Postby torch » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:50 pm

I received my Garritan Ultimate Collection the other day, and I noticed the Aria Player is far behind its Engine version. I hope the Player is updated soon to match the latest Engine v1.830 .

torch

Software Owned:
Garritan Ultimate Collection, Komplete 10, Structure2, xPand!2, Sampletank3, Miroslav Philharmonik, Ableton Live, Reason

Re: Aria Player & Aria Engine

Postby Credo » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:54 pm

Once you have the latest Garritan Player, you can update the engine, which is sometimes newer than what might be offered on the Garritan site.
http://ariaengine.com/support/aria-engine-update/

Another way to update the engine is to install the latest version of sforzando (which will also play back properly registered Garritan libraries [minus convolution and ambient reverb effects]):
http://www.plogue.com/products/sforzando/
Yes, you can still use Aria after installing sforzando, you can even mix and match instances of both in the same host/project if so desired, as both UIs share the same 'engine core'.

I've been keeping mine up to date for more than a year now, and so far it's led to some improvements, and never led to any problems.

Currently running the 64bit multiple output Player 1.620 with 1.830 engine.
I'm on a PC so I mostly use it as a VSTi plugin.

Credo

Software Owned:
Cubase 8.5; Sibelius 7.5; Finale 2014.5; Bidule;
Garritan Ultimate Collection, Halion 5, Halion Symphonic Orchestra, SONiVOX Film and Orchestra Companion

Postby torch » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:30 pm

Thanks for your post, but I did not see your post until now. In the meantime, I received email directly from Garritan and they said to keep the same versions for the player and the engine. Also, they added that they might come out with an update of the player to match the latest engine before the end of the year.

torch

Software Owned:
Garritan Ultimate Collection, Komplete 10, Structure2, xPand!2, Sampletank3, Miroslav Philharmonik, Ableton Live, Reason

Postby SysExJohn » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:41 am

The correct ARIA 'player' that you should be using seems to be 1.620, obtainable from the Garritan downloads web site.
Indeed the version of sforzando seems to be way ahead of that, at version 1.845.
The update to the ARIA 'engine' seems to be at 1.844.
It seems, from the Plogue point of view, that the ARIA player and engine do not necessarily have to be in step.

Remember, the ARIA player is not made by MakeMusic (owners of the Garritan products), they 'buy in' the player from Plogue, who are the experts with the sample player program.

Plogue has their own web site at http://www.plogue.com/phpBB3/
Appropriate discussion about ARIA and sforzando can be found at the foot of the forum.
Plogue owners and employees are extremely good at answering questions there.

Regards,
John.

Author of http://midi-tutor.proboards.com/ MIDI tutorials.
SysExJohn

Software Owned:
Sonar 7 PE, Finale 2012c, GPO4, COMB2, JABB3, IO, World, CPO, Harps, Steinway Basic + GPO5.

Postby torch » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:42 am

Last week Garritan sent me the latest unpublished Aria player 1.846 which also contains the Aria engine 1.846. This seemed to take care of the issues I was having.

The latest versions of Sforzando is 1.848, Aria Engine 1.848, Aria Player 1.846. I wish all the versions were updated and and made available at the same time.

torch

Software Owned:

Postby torch » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:57 am

I updated Sfornazdo to the latest version 1.848, which also automatically installed the latest the Aria engine 1.848. Now I hope this does not create problems as the Aria player is 1.846.

torch

Software Owned: