MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

Garritan CFX Video Demo series

Music and technology related discussion

Garritan CFX Video Demo series

Postby Philip Johnston » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:54 am

A couple of demos with a difference, for those considering the Garritan CFX, who want to actually see it being played.

The aim here was to test the instrument with demanding classical works that would normally be unthinkable (and unplayable) on anything but an acoustic piano, filmed in such a way that a viewer would not suspect a digital instrument was being used:

The piano in shot is a Yamaha AG3, acting as midi controller for the Garritan library, running on Logic on a late 2013 iMac.

There are several more videos in the series, happy to post if it's useful.

You can make up your own mind, but from my own impressions so far: to the CFX team...hats off. This instrument a joy to play.

Philip Johnston

Re: Garritan CFX Video Demo series

Postby martygras » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:10 pm

Thank you for posting this Philip. Rachmaninoff really speaks to me and you make it look so effortless. My envy level is rising as I watch the videos too.

Philip, I think you are right, and if I had a hat, it would be off to the Garrritan/CFX team as well. I was already happy with the Steinway that is included in the GPO4 library, but this is an all new depth of tone and dynamics. Very inspiring.

Regards,
Marty Schulte

martygras