MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

GPO5 - Tell Me What you Want, What You Really Really Want

Music and technology related discussion

Re: GPO5 - Tell Me What you Want, What You Really Really Wan

Postby Derrek » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:23 am

I would imagine you could find a way to keep the oboe samples when you upgrade and hope that the new Aria player would load them. I can't think why not unless the sample format has been updated--which I doubt.

Derrek

Software Owned:
Finale 2014.5
GPO5, JABB, GWI
Sonar Platinum
Windows 7

Postby Fabio Biolcati » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:17 pm

SysExJohn wrote:Looking at the latest updates to the site posted above, I see they've dropped the Classical Oboe and the Oboe d'Amore from the woodwinds library

Can't locate the page with this kind of infos, John

Fabio Biolcati

«Being Italian is a full-time job»
Fabio Biolcati

Software Owned:
Garritan Personal Orchestra 4
VSL Special Edition strings and woodwinds
Notion 3
Finale 2010
IK CSR Hall Reverb

Postby SysExJohn » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:01 am

Hi Fabio,

Sorry, I should have posted the link. Laziness on my part.

Try here: https://www.garritan.com/personal-orchestra-5/features-and-benefits/ and click through the tabs for each group. Woodwinds is the last.

And here's a link to the demonstrations: https://soundcloud.com/garritan.

Regards,
John.

Author of http://midi-tutor.proboards.com/ MIDI tutorials.
SysExJohn

Software Owned:
Sonar 7 PE, Finale 2012c, GPO4, COMB2, JABB3, IO, World, CPO, Harps, Steinway Basic + GPO5.

Postby Jon Tschiggfrie » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:14 pm

Hello all, the latest information is available in our recent blog post at http://www.garritan.com/blog/garritan-personal-orchestra-5-coming-soon/.

Jon Tschiggfrie
Technical Product Manager, MakeMusic, Inc.
Jon Tschiggfrie

Postby SysExJohn » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:14 am

This is what Jon posted on the Finale forum:

Hello all,

Thanks for your interest in the upcoming GPO 5 release! It's great to see the community asking about it and seeking more information. Hopefully I can answer some of your questions; naturally, there will be many more that will have to wait for the actual finished product.

First, I hope to address the speculation around what's been said about the Stradivarius and Gofriller involvement. The response posted earlier in this thread might seem somewhat enigmatic, but it's hard to make sense of it without having the product in front of you. For example, the first part of the response about the solo instruments, in simpler language, means that we used the same source recordings but then performed different audio post-processing (including body resonances for a more realistic tone) to get the resulting patches in GPO 5, so they aren't an "ARIA re-release" of the Strad and Gofriller libraries and won't sound identical. The second part of the response refers to the large and small sections strings patches included in GPO 5's Garritan Orchestral Strings category, based on the original Garritan Orchestral Strings released long ago; the majority of that library, also with improved processing and therefore not identical to the original GOS, will be included in GPO 5.

Multiple string techniques are included in KS (keyswitch) patches, and we will provide Human Playback settings through a Knowledge Base article when GPO 5 is released. GPO 5 will also come with the required support files to make its integration with Finale's Score Manager seamless.

Some patches include a controllable vibrato, while others have the vibrato recorded as part of the "dry" sound. Patches with a vibrato controller are noted in the User Manual that comes with GPO 5.

The "continuous change of timbre with changing dynamics" is a new feature named Sonic Morphing that interpolates not only the dynamic of a note but also the character of the attack.

Gary is indeed still an active part of MakeMusic. He's been working closely with us to shepherd GPO 5 along.

Bundled with GPO 5 will be a new version of the ARIA Player that introduces not only some additions like new Convolution Reverb presets, but also an improved UI called Tree View. Essentially, this is an expandable/collapsible menu along the left side of the window that lists all of your installed ARIA sample libraries, making it easier to load patches into the ARIA Player's 16 instrument slots.

The response to our demo version of GPO 5 at NAMM was very positive and we are very excited to launch the product soon! We haven't issued a firm release date yet because we have been tweaking various samples and patch settings so that we release a great product that we're proud of. We're doing some final work to get it ready for release, so stay tuned!

Happy musicking,

SysExJohn

Software Owned:
Sonar 7 PE, Finale 2012c, GPO4, COMB2, JABB3, IO, World, CPO, Harps, Steinway Basic + GPO5.

Postby SysExJohn » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:38 am

"Tell me what you want, what you really, really want."

Public commitments on product delivery to be honoured.

Disappointed.

SysExJohn

Software Owned:

Postby Tom Davis » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:00 am

Does ANYONE have ANY information on GPO5 delivery? References to it on MM site go to "404 Error" pop-ups with no recent updates, and the February 1, 2016 release date is long gone.

Tom

Tom Davis

Postby Derrek » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:28 pm

Current owners of GPO4 have received an email allowing them to purchase and download GPO5.

Derrek

Software Owned:
Finale 2014.5
GPO5, JABB, GWI
Sonar Platinum
Windows 7

Postby KMFrye » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:06 pm

Derrek wrote:Current owners of GPO4 have received an email allowing them to purchase and download GPO5.

Not yet... still waiting.

:roll:

KM Frye
BVStudios
Composer, Arranger, Performer
Living on the Wild, West Coast.
current work- "Culloden:1746", an oratorio, using
Finale 2014.5
GPO 4
JABB3
World
REAPER DAW
KMFrye

Software Owned:
PM since 2001, Finale 2014.5,
Garritan Personal Orchestra IV
Garritan Jazz and Big Band 3
Reaper DAW

Postby Tom Davis » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:49 am

Derrek wrote:Current owners of GPO4 have received an email allowing them to purchase and download GPO5.

Yes - my e-mail arrived around 1900 local time.

Tom

Tom Davis

PreviousNext