MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

Howdy!!!..a little backstory on the MIDIMonster.

Music and technology related discussion

Howdy!!!..a little backstory on the MIDIMonster.

Postby MIDIMonster323 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:39 pm

I wanted to introduce myself and say "Howdy" to my fellow musicians.

My first DAW was Cakewalk Home Studio 7 and the last one was Home Studio 9. That purchase was around 2001 and I had amassed almost 50 projects...most of which were(and are) unfinished. Heard the buzz about Macs and music, so in 2008 I made the switch to Mac and Logic. In 2014, I had enough of compatibility issues and buying ANOTHER cable or syncer to my phone....and not really having one new project since Cakewalk. So, I made the move back to Windows...and bought the Sonar X3.

My introduction to Garritan wasn't the software. Last year I did a search for free Christmas music and found the Garritan Community site. Doing a little digging, I found out about the Sound Libraries and how well they sounded. Since I was still on Mac, I set it aside until this week. I bought the Cakewalk Music Creator 6 with their Sound Bundle. The sounds are ok to good, but after listening to the Christmas CD's again for clarification, I purchased the bulk of the Garritan Library. (Noted in my Signature).

Funny thing is, with my prior HS2009 experience, I'm getting quickly back into the groove on X3. Feels good!

Now I'm pondering if I can get up to speed in order to contribute to the 2014 CD. We'll see.

Thanks to all who have answered questions or posted something that was helpful. Once I get up to speed, I'll look forward to sharing with the newbies who come on board.

~Glenn

Glenn

"Music will speak when our words fail us...."
Win 8.1 / Sonar Producer X3e
GCOMB2 /GWI /GJABB3 /GCPO /GIO /GPO4
CCSB
LPX
MIDIMonster323

Software Owned:
Win 8.1
Sonar X3
GCOMB2
GWI
GJABB3
GCPO
GIO
GPO4
CCSB

Re: Howdy!!!..a little backstory on the MIDIMonster.

Postby greyfox73 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:53 am

Dear Glenn,

Great background story! By all means, you are invited to contribute to our Christmas Community CD. Many of us have contributed tunes for many years and we're always welcoming new talent. The only restrictions are the music has to be created using Garritan libraries only (which you have already), it has to be under 4 minutes and the music has to be in the public domain. Michael has a posting up for the 2014 Garritan Community Christmas Volume 11 here on the Make Music forum, so decide what you want to do and tell Michael what it is. Oh, and the deadline for submissions is October 31.

We welcome you to our Garritan Community, Glenn!

Gary Aubry

greyfox73

Software Owned:
GPO4, JABB3, COMB2, World Instruments, Instant Orchestra, Garritan GoFriller Solo Cello, Garritan Orchestral Strings, Garritan Stradivari Solo Violin, Finale 2011, Finale 2012, Sonar X2 Producer

Postby Michael.B » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:03 am

Hello Glenn,

A very warm welcome to our Garritan Forums here. It was interesting to read how you arrived here and I look forward to reading more of your posts.

As Gary mentioned, you would be most welcome to nominate a song for our new Christmas CD when you are ready.

You have heard some of our past projects so you have a good idea of how it works. Below is a link to the Christmas CD thread which contains all the information and requirements and where you can nominate your song.

Christmas CD Forum and List

Looking forward to hearing from you. :D

Michael

Michael.B

Postby drumroll » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:14 pm

Welcome to the world of Garritan! It's great to have a new voice in the mix and I can't wait to hear what you create. There are some good folks here ready to lend a hand or an ear when you need it. You'll be speeding along in your new Garritan endeavor in no time!

Glad to have you aboard!

Cheers!
Paula

drumroll

Software Owned:
GPO4
IO
Finale 2009

Postby MIDIMonster323 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:59 am

Thanks, everyone! Glad to be here. Will be pondering what Christmas tune to nominate once I get fully immersed back into Sonar. :)

Glenn

"Music will speak when our words fail us...."
Win 8.1 / Sonar Producer X3e
GCOMB2 /GWI /GJABB3 /GCPO /GIO /GPO4
CCSB
LPX
MIDIMonster323

Software Owned:
Win 8.1
Sonar X3
GCOMB2
GWI