MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

No Notifications Although Have Subscribed

Re: No Notifications Although Have Subscribed

Postby Michael.B » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:21 am

Aha .. Ok .. Now I am having notifications of replies so I'll be content with that.

Thanks Randy.

Michael.B

Postby rbowser » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:22 pm

Michael.B wrote:Aha .. Ok .. Now I am having notifications of replies so I'll be content with that.

Thanks Randy.

Hey, Michael! Just now I got notification of your new thread about the Christmas CD - SO, looks like on this Forum, we Will know when new topics go up. That's pretty helpful, and contrary to what I said earlier, so wanted you to know.

Randy

Garritan Organs demos of all 75 stops

"Dorian Gray"

Hardware:

Roland A-800 MIDI keyboard controller
Alesis i|O2 interface
Gigabyte Technology-AMD Phenom II @ 3 GHz
8 Gb RAM 6 Core Windows 7 Home Premium x64
with dual monitors
rbowser

Software Owned:
ARIA Player v1.626
ARIA Engine 1.665
GPO4
JABB 3
COMB 2
Instant Orchestra
Garritan World
Garritan Classic Pipe Organs
Garritan Harps
Garritan Authorized Steinway
Garritan Stradivari solo violin
Garritan Gofriller solo cello

Sundry soft synths:
Dimension Pro, EZDrummer, over 50 others

Sonar 8.5 (have but don't use Sonar X1)
Sony Sound Forge 10
Sibelius 7

Video editing: Cyberlink Power Director 11

Postby Michael.B » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:34 pm

rbowser wrote: ..... Hey, Michael! Just now I got notification of your new thread about the Christmas CD - SO, looks like on this Forum, we Will know when new topics go up. That's pretty helpful, and contrary to what I said earlier, so wanted you to know.

Randy

Yes, that is very helpful. It's also good that, at least, I'm getting notifications of replies .. I was notified of your last reply here.

I just wish I would receive new topics notifications like you just were. Everything is set up correctly here and is showing in my profile 'Notifications'.

Ah well, perehaps it might suddenly just start working some time. :?

Michael.B

Postby rbowser » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:44 pm

Michael.B wrote:...
I just wish I would receive new topics notifications like you just were. Everything is set up correctly here and is showing in my profile 'Notifications'...

But there haven't been any new topics today - Just yours a bit earlier about the Christmas project. Stand by - when something else new goes up, you'll probably be notified.

Something I'm noticing, though, is when I use that 2nd link in the email, it doesn't actually take me to the new post. It takes me to the thread, and I have to scroll through to find the new post, and in the case of this thread, I even have to click "2" to get to the second page. It's not a direct route.

What we need is more people in here! I keep hoping to see Gary G. again - Haven't heard from him since his opening post on the 5th.

Randy

"Dorian Gray"

Hardware:

Alesis i|O2 interface
with dual monitors
rbowser

Software Owned:
ARIA Player v1.626
ARIA Engine 1.665
GPO4
JABB 3
COMB 2
Instant Orchestra
Garritan World
Garritan Harps

Sundry soft synths:

Sony Sound Forge 10
Sibelius 7

Postby Michael.B » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:08 pm

rbowser wrote:
Michael.B wrote:...
I just wish I would receive new topics notifications like you just were. Everything is set up correctly here and is showing in my profile 'Notifications'...

But there haven't been any new topics today - Just yours a bit earlier about the Christmas project. Stand by - when something else new goes up, you'll probably be notified.
Randy

Ok, I'll wait for that and see what happens. I'll report back here.

rbowser wrote: ..... Something I'm noticing, though, is when I use that 2nd link in the email, it doesn't actually take me to the new post. It takes me to the thread, and I have to scroll through to find the new post, and in the case of this thread, I even have to click "2" to get to the second page. It's not a direct route.
Randy

Yes, that is true. Perhaps Fred can do something about that as well.

rbowser wrote: ..... What we need is more people in here! I keep hoping to see Gary G. again - Haven't heard from him since his opening post on the 5th.
Randy

We certainly do need more people here although we do have 58 members according to the members page. Also there are plenty of people viewing threads .. 310 views on Gary's, 81 on my notifications, 80 on the Christmas Music. We could do with more of these folk posting.

rbowser wrote: ..... I keep hoping to see Gary G. again - Haven't heard from him since his opening post on the 5th.
Randy

I would really like Gary to call in again. I think the forums would certainly benefit from a visit by him. Hey Randy, I did drop a hint in my Christmas CD thread. ;)

Michael.B

Postby Rhap2 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:16 pm

Hi Randy and Michael:

Yeah, it's the old "Check-in-the-box" trick. If there is a "check" in the box you are NOT subscribed. It only looks that way; but, if you click on that "subscribe" word to the right of the checked box, the check will turn into an "x" and the word "subscribed" will now say "unsubscribe." Always seemed backwards to me, but I did receive the message that I will receive messages from the Forum.

We'll see.

Jack

Jack Cannon: GPO4, JABB3, COMB2, WORLD, Instant Orch, HARPS, Pipe ORGANS, DP8.05, Altiverb 7, Finale 2011, Mac Pro 8 GB RAM, MacBook Pro 8 GB RAM.
Rhap2

Postby Michael.B » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:18 am

Hello Jack,

It's really great to see you here and hope to see more of your posts here.

Yes .. that little button you mention. I have that selected and it's showing that I'm subscribed (it now has the little cross on it you mention) and it is showing in my profile subscriptions.

The odd thing is that I now have it working by changing my email address. My original email address is fully working but something was up with it handling forum notifications. Anyway, the main thing is that everything is now working so that's great. :)

Michael

Michael.B

Postby rbowser » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:58 am

Rhap2 wrote:...If there is a "check" in the box you are NOT subscribed. It only looks that way; but, if you click on that "subscribe" word to the right of the checked box, the check will turn into an "x" and the word "subscribed" will now say "unsubscribe...

Well, actually, if you're subscribed there Is a check in the box, and that's when it says "unsubscribe." If you were to click that word, that's the action you'll be taking - unsubscribing.

The best thing to do is to go to the front page of the Forum, and use that control for subscribing to the entire Forum, rather than subscribing to individual threads. That's what I've done, and now I'm notified about all changes here at the Forum- and that's the way to stay in the loop!

Randy

"Dorian Gray"

Hardware:

Alesis i|O2 interface
with dual monitors
rbowser

Software Owned:
ARIA Player v1.626
ARIA Engine 1.665
GPO4
JABB 3
COMB 2
Instant Orchestra
Garritan World
Garritan Harps

Sundry soft synths:

Sony Sound Forge 10
Sibelius 7

Postby Michael.B » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:04 am

rbowser wrote: ..... The best thing to do is to go to the front page of the Forum, and use that control for subscribing to the entire Forum, rather than subscribing to individual threads. That's what I've done, and now I'm notified about all changes here at the Forum- and that's the way to stay in the loop!

Randy

Hello Randy and Jack,

Hey jack I confirm that I selected that button to subscibe to the whole forum and I am geting notifications of replies.

Now I'm just waiting for someone to start a new topic to see if my notifications are working for that as it did for Randy. ;)

Michael.B

Postby Rhap2 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:20 am

After I clicked on "subscribed," with a CHECKED BOX, the check CHANGED TO AN "X" and the word "subscribe" changed to "unsubscribe." I am receiving posts from the MM (Garritan) Forum.

If something changes this, I will be back asking questions.....LOL

Jack

Jack Cannon: GPO4, JABB3, COMB2, WORLD, Instant Orch, HARPS, Pipe ORGANS, DP8.05, Altiverb 7, Finale 2011, Mac Pro 8 GB RAM, MacBook Pro 8 GB RAM.
Rhap2

PreviousNext