MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

MusicXML tremolos

Moderator: Michael Good

MusicXML tremolos

Postby Jim Colman » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:47 pm

I'm not sure if this is the place to share this item. If not, please feel free to direct me elsewhere.

I recently began working with SmartScore X2 Pro to scan some music and prepare for import into Finale. The current piece I'm working on has many measured tremolos (for example, two half notes connected by a double beam). When I converted the piece to MusicXML and opened in Finale, all the tremolos were a mess. Finale didn't import any tremolos and interpreted every tremolo as two individual half notes.

Is this an issue with SmartScore, MusicXML, Finale, or a combination? Any insights are appreciated.

Best,

Jim
Jim Colman

Re: MusicXML tremolos

Postby Michael Good » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:02 pm

I see that other people have investigated on the Finale Mac forum and discovered that the problem, as I would suspect, is in the SmartScore MusicXML export. That discussion is at:

http://forum.makemusic.com/default.aspx?f=6&m=444310

I would recommend reporting this to Musitek, the makers of SmartScore, and see if they might be able to improve this in the future.
Michael Good
VP of MusicXML Technologies
MakeMusic, Inc.
Michael Good

Re: MusicXML tremolos

Postby Mogens Lundholm » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:22 pm

I think this is a good place to post this item. Music Xml is the link between two programs. If you could upload the Music Xml file then a lot of people an test it against their system, for example I have MuseScore installed. The question might be Music Xml sanity.
Mogens Lundholm