MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

W3C and SF MusicTech meetings coming up

Moderator: Michael Good

W3C and SF MusicTech meetings coming up

Postby Michael Good » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:34 pm

I've just published a blog post about upcoming MusicXML events at the W3C TPAC, the W3C20 Symposium, and SF MusicTech:

http://www.musicxml.com/musicxml-w3c-sf-musictech/

Over the years we have had many discussions about a possible future standards organization home for the MusicXML format. With Joe Berkovitz now co-chairing the W3C Audio Working Group and TPAC 2014 being held local to me in Santa Clara, this seemed like a good opportunity to begin exploring the W3C's possible interest in this.

The W3C TPAC meetings are only open to W3C members, but the W3C20 Symposium and SF MusicTech are open to the public. Feel free to contact me via a PM here if you would like to set up a time to meet at one of these events.
Michael Good
VP of MusicXML Technologies
MakeMusic, Inc.
Michael Good

Re: W3C and SF MusicTech meetings coming up

Postby Michael Good » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:33 pm

I've published a follow-up blog post summarizing the W3C TPAC meetings held earlier this week:

http://www.musicxml.com/music-notation-markup-w3c/

The post includes links to Joe Berkovitz's and my presentations at the Wednesday meeting, along with minutes from the discussion that followed. We had about 25 people attending which really exceeded my expectations, and I thought the meetings were very productive.

SF MusicTech is coming up on November 11 in San Francisco. If there's enough interest we can organize another "notation lunch" there. We'll meet at the top of the stairs at the Hotel Kabuki lobby right after the morning sessions are over.
Michael Good
VP of MusicXML Technologies
MakeMusic, Inc.
Michael Good