MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

Looking for an HTML Viewer

Moderator: Michael Good

Looking for an HTML Viewer

Postby BStrum » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:15 am

Hi All, this is my first post here.

I am developing a lesson platform for guitar and am looking for an HTML (not Flash) viewer that can be viewed in a div (etc.) on an HTML page.

I would appreciate any information that can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!
BStrum

Re: Looking for an HTML Viewer

Postby Hans Vereyken » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:07 am

Hi Bstrum,

neoScores will be able to do just that. We are trying to release on the 1st of may.
We already have a free demo with 8 files, if you want to see it go to app.neoscores.com
At this point it isn't possible to embed it in a div, but it will be after the release.

Hans
Hans Vereyken

Postby TorstenC » Wed May 07, 2014 5:01 am

You can add an XSLT processing instruction to the MusicXML file or you can call a XSLT Transformer from command line (e.g. by a windows VBA script).
TorstenC

Postby Michael Good » Wed May 07, 2014 2:28 pm

Well, theoretically you could use XSLT with MusicXML, but people who have tried to do that have found it difficult. MusicXML isn't designed for this type of direct XSLT transformation into standard notation. If you've found someone who has done this successfully, we would like to know and get it listed on our software page.
Michael Good
VP of MusicXML Technologies
MakeMusic, Inc.
Michael Good

Postby TorstenC » Thu May 08, 2014 3:06 am

@bstrum: What should be shown on your HTML-Page?

If you need graphics with notes on staves, Michael already said: "people who have tried to do that have found it difficult".

If Text is OK for you, XSLT may be a simple solution.

If you need graphics: Is SVG OK? Or is PNG better? PS: Both formats could be embedded as Data-URL into the HTML, to avoid multiple files for one page.

PPS: MuseScore generates PNG or SVG, but SVG uses a special font, that's not common for all internet clients.

PPPS: Did you try neoscores.com or musicxml-viewer.com?
TorstenC