MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

MusicXML community meetings in 2014

Moderator: Michael Good

MusicXML community meetings in 2014

Postby Michael Good » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:29 pm

Dear all,

Last year we had two MusicXML community meetings, one at the NAMM show in Anaheim and another at the Musikmesse show in Frankfurt. MakeMusic sponsored the NAMM meeting and Scorio sponsored the Musikmesse meeting.

Both meetings had valuable discussions. I know that the Musikmesse meeting helped the launch of at least one new product with MusicXML support by connecting people together. MusicXML adoption continues to grow, with over 170 applications supporting MusicXML. This includes 9 applications whose MusicXML support is new in the 7 months since Musikmesse.

In the first half of 2014 I plan to attend the following trade shows:

- NAMM in Anaheim, California: January 23 - 26
- SXSW Interactive in Austin, Texas: March 7 - 11
- Musikmesse in Frankfurt, Germany: March 12 - 15
- SF MusicTech in San Francisco, California: May 20

Based on how the MusicXML meetings went last year, I propose that we have one community meeting at Musikmesse in 2014. If Musikmesse is having the Musikbiz Lounge and Congress again this year, I think that worked well and we could do that again. I also liked having the workshop on Friday.

Those are my initial thoughts, but what do you think? Does a single community meeting at Musikmesse sound good? Would people prefer multiple meetings, or a different venue if there is one meeting?

Please share your thoughts. Naturally I would also like to meet one-on-one with people about MusicXML at any of these events.

Best regards,

Michael Good VP of Research and Development MakeMusic, Inc.
Michael Good
VP of MusicXML Technologies
MakeMusic, Inc.
User avatar
Michael Good
 
Posts: 2197
Joined: March, 2014
Reputation: 0

Re: MusicXML community meetings in 2014

Postby Shaun Riordan » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:19 am

Hi Michael,

Good to hear you're planning to organize a community meeting at the Musikmesse 2014.

Myself and Ype will plan to be there.

Best regards, Shaun


Michael Good wrote:Dear all,

Last year we had two MusicXML community meetings, one at the NAMM show in Anaheim and another at the Musikmesse show in Frankfurt. MakeMusic sponsored the NAMM meeting and Scorio sponsored the Musikmesse meeting.

Both meetings had valuable discussions. I know that the Musikmesse meeting helped the launch of at least one new product with MusicXML support by connecting people together. MusicXML adoption continues to grow, with over 170 applications supporting MusicXML. This includes 9 applications whose MusicXML support is new in the 7 months since Musikmesse. In the first half of 2014 I plan to attend the following trade shows:

- NAMM in Anaheim, California: January 23 - 26
- SXSW Interactive in Austin, Texas: March 7 - 11
- Musikmesse in Frankfurt, Germany: March 12 - 15
- SF MusicTech in San Francisco, California: May 20

Based on how the MusicXML meetings went last year, I propose that we have one community meeting at Musikmesse in 2014. If Musikmesse is having the Musikbiz Lounge and Congress again this year, I think that worked well and we could do that again. I also liked having the workshop on Friday.

Those are my initial thoughts, but what do you think? Does a single community meeting at Musikmesse sound good? Would people prefer multiple meetings, or a different venue if there is one meeting?

Please share your thoughts. Naturally I would also like to meet one-on-one with people about MusicXML at any of these events.

Best regards,

Michael Good VP of Research and Development MakeMusic, Inc.
Shaun Riordan
 
Posts: 2
Joined: March, 2014
Reputation: 0

Re: MusicXML community meetings in 2014

Postby Alane Levy » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:01 pm

It would be great if you could present at any event happening in the Boston, MA area. I'm sure any of the three major music schools in Boston
(New England Conservatory, Boston Conservatory, and the music department at Boston University) would love to have you ... and then I could attend :-)

-Alane

On Wed, Nov 27, 2013
Shaun Riordan wrote:Hi Michael,

Good to hear you're planning to organize a community meeting at the Musikmesse 2014.

Myself and Ype will plan to be there.

Best regards, Shaun


Michael Good wrote:Dear all,

Last year we had two MusicXML community meetings, one at the NAMM show in Anaheim and another at the Musikmesse show in Frankfurt. MakeMusic sponsored the NAMM meeting and Scorio sponsored the Musikmesse meeting.

Both meetings had valuable discussions. I know that the Musikmesse meeting helped the launch of at least one new product with MusicXML support by connecting people together. MusicXML adoption continues to grow, with over 170 applications supporting MusicXML. This includes 9 applications whose MusicXML support is new in the 7 months since Musikmesse. In the first half of 2014 I plan to attend the following trade shows:

- NAMM in Anaheim, California: January 23 - 26
- SXSW Interactive in Austin, Texas: March 7 - 11
- Musikmesse in Frankfurt, Germany: March 12 - 15
- SF MusicTech in San Francisco, California: May 20

Based on how the MusicXML meetings went last year, I propose that we have one community meeting at Musikmesse in 2014. If Musikmesse is having the Musikbiz Lounge and Congress again this year, I think that worked well and we could do that again. I also liked having the workshop on Friday. Those are my initial thoughts, but what do you think? Does a single community meeting at Musikmesse sound good? Would people prefer multiple meetings, or a different venue if there is one meeting?

Please share your thoughts. Naturally I would also like to meet one-on-one with people about MusicXML at any of these events.

Best regards,

Michael Good VP of Research and Development MakeMusic, Inc.
Alane Levy
 
Posts: 1
Joined: March, 2014
Reputation: 0

Re: MusicXML community meetings in 2014

Postby Bob Hamblok » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:23 pm

Hi all,

We, from neoScores, would like to put ourselves up as a candidate to host and sponsor a musicXML community meeting for this year's Musikmesse in Frankfurt. We will be exhibiting, so we will try to book the Musikbiz Lounge and Congress Area.

Is there any date between 12th and 15th of March which is preferable?

I’m looking forward meeting you all.

Best regards,

Bob Hamblok CTO - Co Founder

M T +32 476 74 78 42

neoScores BVBA // Pluyseghemstraat 19, BE-2550 Kontich // Twitter:
@neoscores
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Follow us on: Facebook // Twitter


Michael Good wrote:Dear all,

Last year we had two MusicXML community meetings, one at the NAMM show in Anaheim and another at the Musikmesse show in Frankfurt. MakeMusic sponsored the NAMM meeting and Scorio sponsored the Musikmesse meeting.

Both meetings had valuable discussions. I know that the Musikmesse meeting helped the launch of at least one new product with MusicXML support by connecting people together. MusicXML adoption continues to grow, with over 170 applications supporting MusicXML. This includes 9 applications whose MusicXML support is new in the 7 months since Musikmesse. In the first half of 2014 I plan to attend the following trade shows:

- NAMM in Anaheim, California: January 23 - 26
- SXSW Interactive in Austin, Texas: March 7 - 11
- Musikmesse in Frankfurt, Germany: March 12 - 15
- SF MusicTech in San Francisco, California: May 20

Based on how the MusicXML meetings went last year, I propose that we have one community meeting at Musikmesse in 2014. If Musikmesse is having the Musikbiz Lounge and Congress again this year, I think that worked well and we could do that again. I also liked having the workshop on Friday.

Those are my initial thoughts, but what do you think? Does a single community meeting at Musikmesse sound good? Would people prefer multiple meetings, or a different venue if there is one meeting?

Please share your thoughts. Naturally I would also like to meet one-on-one with people about MusicXML at any of these events.

Best regards,

Michael Good VP of Research and Development MakeMusic, Inc.
Bob Hamblok
 
Posts: 3
Joined: March, 2014
Reputation: 0

Re: MusicXML community meetings in 2014

Postby Michael Good » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:44 pm

Hi Bob,

Thank you for the offer!

Because SXSW and Musikmesse are back to back, I may not get to Musikmesse until Thursday the 13th. Friday the 14th would work best for me so I can overcome jet lag.

Thanks,

Michael Good MakeMusic, Inc.


Bob Hamblok wrote:> Hi all,

We, from neoScores, would like to put ourselves up as a candidate to host and sponsor a musicXML community meeting for this year's Musikmesse in Frankfurt. We will be exhibiting, so we will try to book the Musikbiz Lounge and Congress Area.

Is there any date between 12th and 15th of March which is preferable?

I'm looking forward meeting you all.

Best regards,

Bob Hamblok CTO - Co Founder

M > T +32 476 74 78 42

neoScores BVBA // Pluyseghemstraat 19, BE-2550 Kontich // Twitter:
@neoscores
Michael Good
VP of MusicXML Technologies
MakeMusic, Inc.
User avatar
Michael Good
 
Posts: 2197
Joined: March, 2014
Reputation: 0

Re: MusicXML community meetings in 2014

Postby Michael Cuthbert » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:46 am

Dear Alane, Michael, and List,

MIT may not be one of the "major music schools" in Boston, but we do have a group of students who would be very interested in the intersection of technology and music — Michael, maybe next time you’re around during the academic year, we could set up a public event here?

Best, Michael


Alane Levy wrote:It would be great if you could present at any event happening in the Boston, MA area. I'm sure any of the three major music schools in Boston
(New England Conservatory, Boston Conservatory, and the music department at Boston University) would love to have you ... and then I could attend
:-)
-Alane

--- --- Michael Scott Cuthbert

Homer A. Burnell Career Development Professor, MIT Associate Professor of Music +1 (413) 575-6024
http://www.trecento.com
Michael Cuthbert
 
Posts: 70
Joined: March, 2014
Reputation: 0

Re: MusicXML community meetings in 2014

Postby James Sutton » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:00 am

Hi Michael, Bob,

Is there a MusicXML meeting at Musikmesse?
Which day?

With best regards

James Sutton Dolphin Computing
http://www.dolphin-com.co.uk


Michael Good wrote:Hi Bob,

Thank you for the offer!

Because SXSW and Musikmesse are back to back, I may not get to Musikmesse until Thursday the 13th. Friday the 14th would work best for me so I can overcome jet lag.

Thanks,

Michael Good MakeMusic, Inc.


Bob Hamblok wrote:>> Hi all,

We, from neoScores, would like to put ourselves up as a candidate to host and sponsor a musicXML community meeting for this year's Musikmesse in Frankfurt. We will be exhibiting, so we will try to book the Musikbiz Lounge and Congress Area.

Is there any date between 12th and 15th of March which is preferable?

I'm looking forward meeting you all.

Best regards,

Bob Hamblok CTO - Co Founder

M >> T +32 476 74 78 42

neoScores BVBA // Pluyseghemstraat 19, BE-2550 Kontich // Twitter:
@neoscores
James Sutton
 
Posts: 37
Joined: March, 2014
Reputation: 0

Re: MusicXML community meetings in 2014

Postby Michael Good » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:28 am

Hi James,

Musikmesse recently confirmed that the Musikbiz Lounge and Congress will be back in 2014, and has just started scheduling events. We are asking for Friday, 14 March in the afternoon. We will let the list know as soon as we have a date and time confirmed with Musikmesse.

I do have a question for the list about the setup, especially for the people who attended last year's Musikmesse meeting.

Last year we had everyone arranged around a rectangle of tables. This let everybody look at each other in a community setting, which I liked very much. However, it also spread people out. I have heard some feedback that this may have made it more difficult for everyone to hear and understand each other.

For those who attended in 2013, would you prefer the same table setup, or a more compact arrangement with a speaker table and audience, either in seats (most compact) or seats and tables?

However we set the room up, we want the same type of interactivity and community discussion that we had in 2013.

Best regards,

Michael Good VP of R&D MakeMusic, Inc.


Somebody wrote:Hi Michael, Bob,

Is there a MusicXML meeting at Musikmesse? Which day?

With best regards

James Sutton Dolphin Computing
http://www.dolphin-com.co.uk
Michael Good
VP of MusicXML Technologies
MakeMusic, Inc.
User avatar
Michael Good
 
Posts: 2197
Joined: March, 2014
Reputation: 0

Re: MusicXML community meetings in 2014

Postby Jonas Coomans » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:54 am

Hello Everyone,

We, from neoScores, would like to organise the musicXML meeting in Frankfurt 2014. We already have a hall, but we are now trying to book the same hall as last year, a suggestion from Michael. When everything is confirmed I will invite you properly, but here already some info:

Date: 14 march 2014 Start: around 14.00 Host: Michael Good

We will provide sandwiches and drinks.

With kind regards, Jonas

Jonas Coomans CCO - Co Founder

M T +32 496 94 68 52

neoScores BVBA // Eiermarkt 20, BE-2000 Antwerp // Twitter: @neoscores
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Follow us on: Facebook // Twitter


Michael Good wrote:Hi James,

Musikmesse recently confirmed that the Musikbiz Lounge and Congress will be back in 2014, and has just started scheduling events. We are asking for Friday, 14 March in the afternoon. We will let the list know as soon as we have a date and time confirmed with Musikmesse.

I do have a question for the list about the setup, especially for the people who attended last year's Musikmesse meeting.

Last year we had everyone arranged around a rectangle of tables. This let everybody look at each other in a community setting, which I liked very much. However, it also spread people out. I have heard some feedback that this may have made it more difficult for everyone to hear and understand each other.

For those who attended in 2013, would you prefer the same table setup, or a more compact arrangement with a speaker table and audience, either in seats (most compact) or seats and tables?

However we set the room up, we want the same type of interactivity and community discussion that we had in 2013.

Best regards,

Michael Good VP of R&D MakeMusic, Inc.


Michael Good wrote:Hi Michael, Bob,

Is there a MusicXML meeting at Musikmesse? Which day?

With best regards

James Sutton Dolphin Computing
http://www.dolphin-com.co.uk
Jonas Coomans
 
Posts: 2
Joined: March, 2014
Reputation: 0

Re: MusicXML community meetings in 2014

Postby Mogens Lundholm » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:11 am

Hello all

A Music-Xml/Midi-player is avaiblable at www.programfabriken.com, called midi.exe. It runs pt. on PC only.

No installation is needed - unpack the zip-file and run.

Regards Mogens
Mogens Lundholm
 
Posts: 60
Joined: March, 2014
Reputation: 0

Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron