MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

Announce: Initial release of abc2xml and xml2abc

Moderator: Michael Good

Announce: Initial release of abc2xml and xml2abc

Postby John Lynch » Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:21 pm

Howdy folks,

http://home.austin.rr.com/johner/abc2xml

More information is available at that site. I'm only announcing here for the moment, so this is really a beta, I suppose. Please let me know if you find any problems with it.

Thanks, John Lynch
John Lynch

RE: Announce: Initial release of abc2xml and xml2abc

Postby Michael Good » Tue Oct 08, 2002 11:56 am

Hi John,

Congratulations on this release! I've tested both of these out on a few abc files we have here and things are looking very good. And thanks also for the NoteReport.xsl demonstration, showing the other kinds of things you can do with XSL and MusicXML!

Best regards,

Michael Good Recordare LLC
Michael Good
VP of MusicXML Technologies
MakeMusic, Inc.
Michael Good

Re: Announce: Initial release of abc2xml and xml2abc

Postby John Lynch » Wed Oct 09, 2002 10:39 am

Thanks Michael. I should probably also include a much simpler XSL stylesheet that operates only on one MusicXML file. As soon as you start dealing with multiple files things get ugly quick, and all the clever little grouping strategies don't work. So NoteReport.xls is a little off- putting, even though it's really pretty easy to extract information out of a single XML file.

Octavise.xsl, on the other hand, is really simple, but also pretty useless. I should probably come up with a better idea for a sample transformation; I just knew I could do that one really quickly.

Any suggestions on either of those?

Regards, John

Hi John,

Congratulations on this release! I've tested both of these out on a few abc files we have here and things are looking very good. And thanks also for the NoteReport.xsl demonstration, showing the other kinds of things you can do with XSL and MusicXML!

Best regards,

Michael Good Recordare LLC
John Lynch