MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

"Post no copyrighted music" - yet MM does for demos

Share your creative content with the Garritan community

"Post no copyrighted music" - yet MM does for demos

Postby rbowser » Mon May 19, 2014 8:45 pm

I was surprised to see the new CFX piano demos at MM include copyrighted songs. It's a bit amazing they were willing to pay the royalties, which I know are hefty, for something like McCartney's "Blackbird." If they didn't pay to use the song, then that's pretty - um- surprising, considering we're forbidden to post any projects here which are versions of copyrighted material, and that rule makes sense. So, I'm back to assuming MM was willing to put some big bucks into demoing CFX. I guess that's in keeping with the way that Library is LARGE in every way - expensive for it to be produced, expensive for users to buy, and absolute gigantic in size.

Randy

Garritan Organs demos of all 75 stops

"Dorian Gray"

Hardware:

Roland A-800 MIDI keyboard controller
Alesis i|O2 interface
Gigabyte Technology-AMD Phenom II @ 3 GHz
8 Gb RAM 6 Core Windows 7 Home Premium x64
with dual monitors
rbowser

Software Owned:
ARIA Player v1.626
ARIA Engine 1.665
GPO4
JABB 3
COMB 2
Instant Orchestra
Garritan World
Garritan Classic Pipe Organs
Garritan Harps
Garritan Authorized Steinway
Garritan Stradivari solo violin
Garritan Gofriller solo cello

Sundry soft synths:
Dimension Pro, EZDrummer, over 50 others

Sonar 8.5 (have but don't use Sonar X1)
Sony Sound Forge 10
Sibelius 7

Video editing: Cyberlink Power Director 11

Re: "Post no copyrighted music" - yet MM does for demos

Postby Michael.B » Tue May 20, 2014 11:33 am

rbowser wrote:I was surprised to see the new CFX piano demos at MM include copyrighted songs. It's a bit amazing they were willing to pay the royalties, which I know are hefty, for something like McCartney's "Blackbird." If they didn't pay to use the song, then that's pretty - um- surprising, considering we're forbidden to post any projects here which are versions of copyrighted material, and that rule makes sense. So, I'm back to assuming MM was willing to put some big bucks into demoing CFX. I guess that's in keeping with the way that Library is LARGE in every way - expensive for it to be produced, expensive for users to buy, and absolute gigantic in size.

Randy

Hello Randy,

You have raised some interesting thoughts regarding the cost of developing this new piano library and its sheer size.

Unquestionably the library is of exceptional quality although, I must admit, it's not one I shall be buying although piano is my second study instrument.

Michael.B