MakeMusic
SmartMusic Finale Garritan MusicXML

A Winter Memory

Share your creative content with the Garritan community

A Winter Memory

Postby Tom Davis » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:47 pm

Last winter with temperature around 5 below zero, found my dog and me sitting along the bank of Elm Lake. There was no wind. In the near total silence we could see a cosmos of stars reflected on the frozen lake: Caught between the stars above and the stars below.

All GPO5.

https://app.box.com/s/57vp8lmulowpwe4ajxwf8esxlcptbt7k

Tom

Tom Davis

Re: A Winter Memory

Postby Bob Forrest » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:42 pm

The piece was pretty interesting , a always expected the the top note in the strings to be a half tone higher then it was this was interestingly done and the chords resolved nicely. The part with voice had nice colour also with good chord resolve . What key did you use and did you stay in this basic key?

Bob Forrest

Bob Forrest

Postby Tom Davis » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:50 am

Bob, thank you for listening. The piece is written in the key of C, but is modal in effect, easily switching from major to minor and using a couple of jazz progressions. I have always been fond of counter point and made an effort to present it though out this selection.

Tom

Tom Davis

Postby Addy Addison » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:48 am

There exist no storm. In the close aggregate quiet we could perceive a universe of luminary thought about the solidified lake: wedged flanked by the Get Home Work Online celebrity on top of as well as the stars underneath.

Addy Addison